Pages

Saturday 9 August 2014

Summer Equipment Buying

It has been a long Summer meaning I haven't been able to get out and explore the night skies so instead I have been buying more equipment in preparation for when I can get back outside.

My first purchase is a 32mm GSO Eyepiece which should enable me to get a wider field of view through my telescope. Hopefully this new eyepiece will enable me to really appreciate some of the open clusters etc. a bit more.


The eyepiece was a bargain as I got it 2nd hand through AstroBuySell for £18 when they would normally be around £34 if bought new. 

This wasn't the only eyepiece I bought however as I also got myself a 12.5mm illuminated reticle eyepiece to help with GOTO alignment and webcam targeting. Basically this eyepiece will ensure I can put alignment stars dead center in the eyepiece and when conducting webcam imaging I should again be able to make sure it is again centered so it will be visible on the camera sensor.


This is a non branded eyepiece but this meant I could get it for £20 from Ebay. The optics are probably not that great but that shouldn't matter as I won't be using it for actually viewing targets. I would rather have had an eyepiece with a larger field of view but the prices were getting quite high when you get up to 20mm eyepieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment