Pages

Friday 22 August 2014

I Can't Stop Buying Things!

So after buying a couple of new eyepieces which I detailed in the last post I thought that I would stop buying any more equipment for a bit. Unfortunately I didn't count on the Sky at Night magazine which mentioned the fact that it was almost the best time of the year to try and spot Uranus.

The problem I have is that Uranus would look rather tiny if I image it without a barlow and my current stock skywatcher 2x barlow is quite simply rubbish. I always struggle to get any colours to show up and the less said about my attempts to focus with it the better.

I decided therefore that if I wanted to have at least some chance at imaging the planet at a size which isn't a tiny point of light I was going to need a new barlow. A fair bit of checking online showed that there were some superb ones at high cost but with my current webcam I would rather just buy something that was good but wouldn't break the bank. I was therefore attracted to the Revelation 2.5x barlow which has a higher magnification than my current barlow and there seemed to be a lot of happy folks who use it.


And so I am now the proud owner of a new barlow and I just hope it will actually prove to be better than my previous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment