Pages

Thursday 30 July 2015

The Phases of Venus

So Summer has been with us for a bit now although if you live in Scotland like me I am sure you will agree that it hasn't been much of a Summer. Summer has hampered my ability to use my telescope but I have been trying to capture the odd image of Venus when the sun has set far enough to let this planet appear in the dusk sky.

The reason I was trying to capture images of Venus is that I was hoping to share the way in which Venus changes as the months pass. It isn't the most exciting plant to look at but the changes in phase and size are quite brilliant to see.


Hopefully you will agree with me that it is quite brilliant. To be honest, I was struggling when I took the July image because Venus was so low in the sky and I had to try and set my scope up in the bedroom so I could capture it. Either way it is still good enough and continues to show the changes that the planet goes through. Unfortunately I have not been able to capture anything else but I am still happy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment