Pages

Friday 15 May 2015

Recent Photography Fun at Harperrig Reservoir

So, over the last couple of months as the evenings grew longer I have tried to get along to Harperrig Reservoir as much as possible. Whilst I do use my telescope for visual astronomy I have also been leaving my DSLR set up on a fixed tripod taking the odd image. I wanted to share two of them with everyone here as I like both of them.

The first is one image from the several hundred that I took on the night that the Lyrid meteor shower peaked. This is the one meteor I actually captured with the camera, I saw quite a lot that night but none of them wanted to occur in my camera's field of view. In fact the rather weak meteor I did capture was the last image I took that night so it was pretty lucky that I caught anything.


Next up is a Star Trail image I took on another night by taking 93 x 30 second exposures and then merging them together. I managed to get Polaris pretty close to the centre of the image which was a nice bonus. In the future I hope that I can maybe get some star trails with fixed scenery as they tend to make the nicest images.



I took a lot more images over the night of late Spring but the two above are my favourite. I now need to try and improve on them in future sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment