Pages

Saturday 18 April 2015

Jupiter GRS

So since I started my astronomy hobby I have never managed to get a very clear image of Jupiter's Giant Red Spot. So when I found out that it was going to be right in the middle at a decent time for me I set myself up and went imaging!


As you can see I clearly captured my target, but this just made me desperate for more. I decided it was time to try the barlow again!

For anyone who has read my blog before, you will know that I have never managed to get a decent image via barlow. However, I ended up doing some research and discovered that the relationship between my planetary camera pixel size and telescope focal ratio meant wasn't optimum for using my new 2.5x barlow. I therefore looked out my old 2x barlow and captured the image below.


Wow! It finally worked! I now know that for the time being I am going to bring my old 2x barlow out of retirement and use it on other targets to see if I can up the magnification.

No comments:

Post a Comment