Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

Venus

I have viewed all the planets further from the sun than Earth and imaged three of them. However, the inner planets have so far eluded me. Therefore, with Venus now visible in the early evening I decided to have a look at this inhospitable planet. Visually the bright magnitude meant that I couldn't make out anything more than the fact that it was not a circular disc which is to be expected due to the phase it was in.

After that I moved onto imaging and the bright magnitude caused me issues there as well but once I lowered the exposure I began to actually make out the phasing and the dimming of the disc towards the shadowed area. My final processed image is below.


Overall, Venus is quite an unexciting target due to the rather bland uninteresting atmosphere. However, I do like the fact that it does has a phase and I hope to image it over the coming months to try and capture it as the visible part of the disc reduces.

No comments:

Post a Comment