Pages

Tuesday 11 February 2014

A New Adventure

So back on the 25th December 2013 my parents decided to give me a rather interesting Christmas gift, a Skywatcher Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO Telescope. In a later post I talk about this telescope in greater detail but for now you just need to understand that I was very excited to have a telescope and couldn't wait to get out there and view some night sky objects!

Anyway, it is now six weeks later and I still can't believe how much I have learn and seen since that Christmas Day when I tried to use my telescope with 8 AA Batteries and very little knowledge about the night sky. Over those six weeks I think I have driven people at work and facebook mad with pictures and comments but I realised that there are loads more people out there I can bore to death with astronomy talk! Therefore, here I am now starting this blog with an aim to record my journey as I explore the night sky and hopefully inspire other people out there to pick up this hobby which involves standing outside in the freezing cold and spending stupid amounts of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment